It is a technology that is utilizes by using broadband Internet connection to make a call instead of using regular phone line. There are some voices over Internet protocol allows to you calls anyone just having phone number but some VoIP are restricted to call only those who are using the same service. Limited VoIP allows you to call on local and international numbers, mobiles and long distance calls. You can use some VoIP only on your computer or special phone with VoIP while there are some services that will allow you to call on a traditional number by simply connecting to VoIP adapter.
How Voice over internet protocol works?
VoIP works by change the voice into a signal that is digital signal and that signal will travel over the Internet. When any one call on a traditional number then your voice before reaching to its destination is convert to telephone signal. VoIP call can be done through by computers or by a special voice over Internet protocol phone and also by a traditional phone that must be connected to VoIP adapter. Now a day wireless hotspots are used in areas like airports, cafes and parks that can allow one to use VoIP wirelessly.
What type of equipment is used for VoIP?
High speed broadband Internet connection is required for VoIP. A cable modem, high speed DSL and network of local area is required for it. Adaptor, computer and special VoIP phone is also required. If anyone is using VoIP on computer than special type of software is require to install and microphone as well. Phone with VoIP is connected directly with broadband Internet connection and it will operate like a traditional phone while calling. When VoIP is connected to telephone, they you just have to dial a number simply as you do and service provider will provide special dial tone.
With VoIP, who you can call?
It depends upon the services of VoIP that you are using. Sometime you are limited to only those using the same services but some services allows you to call anyone on traditional number that can be international or local, long distance or mobile numbers. If the person has the same analog phone then you don’t require any special equipment to call them and talk. There are some special services with VoIP that can allow you to call more than one person at a time.
Advantages of Voice over Internet protocol (VoIP)
Using VoIP has advantages that are:
- Lower costs
- Increased accessibility
- Complete portability
- Higher scalability
- advance features for small and large teams.
- Clearer voice quality
- Supports multitasking
- More flexibility with soft phones.
Disadvantages of Voice over internet protocol
- Reliable internet connection
- Latency and Jitter
- No location tracking for emergency calls.
Voice over Internet protocol companies
There are many companies in the UK that are providing this service but there are some best companies with VoIP that are:
- British Telecom (BT)
This company offers cloud phone with numerous features that are
- CRM integration
- Call recording
- Call monitoring
- Audio video call conference
- Call forwarding
- Three way calling
- Call barring
This company offers packages for small and large businesses and the VoIP packages has cloud phone, cloud voice and British telecom One Phone.
- Virgin Media
This company offers cloud voice and SME cloud voice and the benefit from this company includes:
- Cloud voice cost less by routing the call over internet
- You can easily reroute the lines on spot
- You can carry phone line or your office anywhere with in you in iOS and android phones
- Conference call can help you collaborate very efficiently
- Provides you call directing and reporting
- Helps in call waiting, hold call, call blocking and transfer features as well
- Voice mail
- Instant messaging
Virgin media helps businesses to receive and make calls on broadband data.
They offer three types of services of VoIP that are
- SureVoIP hosted basic
- SureVoIP single user
- SureVoIP hosted VoIP system
They also provide number of benefits that are:
- Instant messaging
- HD voice call
- Service is completely managed by SureVoip
- Use mobile and tablet to connect
Skype is used worldwide for many businesses and offers a VoIP solution. There are many features available:
- Alerts for voice call
- Alerts for voice mail
- Whiteboard features and conference for collaboration
- Instant messaging for users
- Skype to skype free call
- Apps for android and iOS mobiles
- Linked with outlook and Msword
- Safe communication and securely encrypted.
Skype is owned by Microsoft office. They offer significant offers for a business if 20 plus users are using it. Skype provides best features for VoIP options.
- Vonage business
3 plans are offers by Vonage that are
And the features offered by Vonage business are below:
- Offers call, message and share with amazon
- Remote office features
- Client can use VoIP phone system on android and iOS mobiles.
- You can easily use your number and transfer the number that already exists
- Access to voicemail
- Options for unlimited calling
- 24/7 support service
Vonage company has office in UK London but it is a US based company. Users that are using Vonage VoIP phone system are about 2.5 million.
This company offers 4 plan packages that are
And these packages provide the following benefits that are:
- Integrated with third party like Microsoft office and google.
- Call forwarding
- Call diverting to other UK numbers
- Do not disturb option is available
- Call waiting alerts when you are already on call
- Ring back option
- Collaboration by team messaging
- Call monitoring for the training of staff
- HD audio
- HD video conferencing
- Transcription voicemail
- Incoming and outgoing call logs.
- 8 × 8
X series plans are offered by 8×8. They are used by small, medium and large businesses. Some benefits included are:
- 47 countries unlimited calling
- Auto attendant
- Direct dial extensions
- HD voice calling
- Secured voice calling
- Apps for android and iOS phones
- Team messaging
- Call recording options
- Conference call up to100 participants
- Online support is available 24× 7
- Services support is provided by web, chat or phone.